- Extract main ideas and examine the sources for overlapping ideas
- Understand that ideas should be based on sources, not the essay writer’s personal opinions, feelings, or thoughts
- Understand what an effective synthesis is
- Learn what methods of synthesis they can apply in their writing
- Synthesize sources adequately
Can you recognize this three folk tales? They are from western culture, so you may not know already.
Read these passages to understand these folk tales.
We will discuss this powerpoint throughout the lesson.
Fill out this matrix, after reading the passages.
Finish the paragraph
Finish the paragraph.
Next Class: Continue Synthesis
1. The final version of your annotated bibliography is due April 13th by midnight. Keep in mind this is worth 15% of your grade.
2. Keep working on your Writer's Help exercises. These are due May 4th. I suggest completing them early.
3. Using the same questions we used for discussion in class, write a reflection on avoiding plagiarism. This reflection should be AT LEAST 300 words and will be graded for grammar and word choice. Keep in mind this reflection is worth 2.5% of your grade. The reflection is due April 12th by midnight. Upload the document to compass2g Unit 3. and save it as Reflection2NetID.doc.