- Identify the sections of an academic paper
- Identify what kind of information should be included in a well-developed summary
- Write a 5-sentence summary of a research paper for the annotated bibliographies.
What was easy, what was difficult about writing the part of annotated bibliography? Did you need to summarize for this assignment? Was it challenging? Discuss with your row.
Check your Summary
Open up the annotated bibliography for one source that you wrote. Then, switch seats with someone in your row. Look at a handout I will give you. What information did you include? What information did you forget?
Now that you know your summary was somewhat lacking, let's talk about how to write one. Follow along with this powerpoint.
Using this handout to help you, revise your summary to be meet the standards we discussed in the powerpoint. I will walk around and give feedback.
Next Class: Reflection Writing
1. Revise the first source you worked on for class today based on what you learned today. Name the file SourceOne2NetID.doc and save it to Box. I will grade this :)
2. Keep working on your Writer's Help Exercises. These are due May 4th. I suggest completing them early.