- Review the functions of the library database search engines and the strategies for using them.
- Discuss and use efficient strategies to go through the process of source selection.
- Analyze sources based on criteria, such as relevancy, purpose, readability, and synthesis, and be able to decide the most appropriate sources for a research paper.
I will give your row a topic on a small sheet of paper. Using the topic I gave you, make a mind map.
Now, practice searching for information on the topic.
What's important when using search terms?
Remember to make your search terms- precise, grammatical, and purposeful.
Finding Good Sources
What techniques do you use to find sources related to a topic?
Use this chart to help you in find other sources for your paper. I will come around and help you.
Next Class: Introduce Unit 4: Writing the Research Paper
1. The final version of your annotated bibliography is due April 13th by midnight. Keep in mind this is worth 15% of your grade.
2. Keep working on your Writer's Help exercises. These are due May 4th. I suggest completing them early.
3. Using the same questions we used for discussion in class, write a reflection on avoiding plagiarism. This reflection should be AT LEAST 300 words and will be graded for grammar and word choice. Keep in mind this reflection is worth 2.5% of your grade. The reflection is due April 12th by midnight. Upload the document to compass2g Unit 3. and save it as Reflection2NetID.doc.