- Describe a general process of writing a research paper and analyze the order and interdependence of the steps of research process
Writer's Help Presentations
Review Paraphrasing (15 minutes)
Finish the paraphrase we did last class.
Discuss Research Paper (5 minutes)
In this shared google doc, free-write a definition of research paper. Free-writing means writing without stopping and without a concern for grammar.
Introduction to the rest of the semester (5 minutes)
- Unit 2: Pre-Research Portfolio
- Preparing and justifying your research topic.
- Unit 3: Annotated Bibliography
- Organizing your research resources.
- Unit 4: RESEARCH WOOT!
- Write your paper!!
With a partner, put these steps in order and then explain why each is important.
Next Class: Choosing a topic
1. If you haven't done all your Writer's Help exercises yet, remember the first 8 are due by March 20th.
2. Do this Paraphrasing Worksheet and turn it into Box by Friday.
3. On Compass2g go to Plagiarism Prevention Tutorial> 2. Plagiarism or Not>
Do Plagiarism or Not Pre-Quiz Tutorial and Plagiarism or Not Practice Quiz 1 and 2.
4. Read the rubric for the Pre-Research Portfolio.
There WILL be a quiz. :)