- Understand and apply three basic rules of paraphrasing in order to avoid plagiarism.
- Apply specific strategies to create a successful paraphrase.
Writer's Help presentation-Yutong
Discussion of videos:
In groups of 2 discuss the following questions about the videos you watched previously. Take a few moments to decide what you think about each question then share it with a partner.
- What actions are considered plagiarism? Did any surprise or confuse you
- Which do you think gets a harsher punishment – unintentional plagiarism or intentional plagiarism?
- What is “self-plagiarism”? Is it OK to use something you have written for another class in THIS class? How about just portions of it?
- What are some reasons to cite sources?
- What are some ways you can cite sources?
Next Class: Review Paraphrasing, Overview of the Research Paper
1. Under the plagiarism tutorial, take the 3 quizzes for the videos you watched previously.
2. The final version of your diagnostic revision portfolio is due February 23rd by midnight.
3. The final version of your diagnostic revision essay is due February 23rd by midnight.
4. If you haven't done all your Writer's Help exercises yet, try the following ones:
Exercise: Integrating Sources in APA Papers 1
Exercise: Integrating Sources in APA Papers 2
Exercise: Integrating Sources in APA Papers 3
Exercise: Integrating Sources in APA Papers 4